Jack B. Thigpen, III, DMD
Dr. Jack Thigpen is a native Floridian, born in Jacksonville and raised in Lakeland. He completed his undergraduate degree at Samford University in the year 2000 and received his DMD from the University of Alabama School of Dentistry in 2004. His residency for Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery was completed in 2008 at Boston University.
After his residency, Dr. Thigpen came on board as an associate with Dr. Robert Strickland at the West Coast Center for Jaw Surgery and purchased the practice from Dr. Strickland when he retired four years later. He is also on medical staff at Tampa Community Hospital and has privileges at West Chase Surgical Center.
Currently, Dr. Thigpen is the sole practitioner and manages a wide variety of diagnoses relating to the mouth, teeth and facial regions including extractions, oral pathologies, TMJ disorders as well as dental implants and other reconstructive procedures.
He is a member of several professional associations including:
- Florida Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Florida Dental Association
- West Coast Dental Association
- Hillsborough County Dental Association
- Hillsborough County Dental Research Clinic
- Tampa Dental Study Club
- Florida Dental Society of Anesthesia
When not caring for his patients, Dr. Thigpen visits the gym on a regular basis and enjoys fishing, swimming and traveling.